Saturday, December 4, 2010

San Antonio

Thursday, after Shawn got off of work, we packed and headed to San Antonio for the Men's Wearhouse annual Holiday Party.  It is a pretty nice party that the company throws each year.  We went to the Holiday Party for the Chicago-land area last year too and had a great time. Shawn got pretty fancy with his tux this year, and I reused my dress in order to save money.  No pictures of me from the night, but here is my handsome hubby in his tux :)


This  year, since it was in San Antonio, we decided to stay the night and then explore San Antonio on Friday.  We walked all over downtown and the riverwalk, which was so nice because it turned out to be a BEAUTIFUL day!  Weather in the 70's!  Awesome for December 3rd!

We started our day with a breakfast at a little Mexican diner called Cafe Alameda.  My juevos rancheros was pretty good...although the potatoes were crazy spicy!  Then we headed to the Alamo.  I learned a lot...although I am a bit confused about a lot of the "facts" and "details presented as facts."  A bit of history that seems a bit fuzzy to me.


After a bit more rambling around the city, we headed to the Buckhorn Saloon & Museum.  It was a pretty interested museum...althought not quite worth the price of admission!  Basically it was a museum of stuff animals from all over the world, an Old West Town, and the museum of the Texas Rangers with the history of how the Rangers began policing Texas many years ago.


I think I found Jacob Black :)

"Fish are friends. Not food."

I thought these cows were chest bumping...oops ;)

Shawn with "Billy the Kid."  He was not a handsome man.  Although being next to my husband probably doesn't help him much ;)

We spent a lot of the day just walking around the Riverwalk.  We stopped at a few places for drinks and food. Yummy!  Happy Hour started at some places at 2pm...woohoo!

Happy Hour at Landry's Seafood waiting for the sun to set.

We took a boat ride on the river after dark so we could see all the Christmas lights.  It was so nice!  The Christmas Tree in the center of the mall was beautiful!  We really had a great day!


No comments: