Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Musical Days of Christmas: Day 15

I know I already posted a song from The Polar Express but I can't help but post another because that story is wonderful, the movie is wonderful, and the music is wonderful.  This song makes me cry every time I hear it...really.  Every time.  I just can't help it.  To think of all the years I got such great presents (and usually double because my parents were divorced) and there are so many kids that get nothing.  That sit every year waiting to hear Santa's sleigh and the reindeer because they are hoping that it will be the year that he stops to give them just one present.  Just one.  That is all they want.  Sad.  So many people have so little...it makes me sick to think about that and then see the Republicans in our federal government fighting to keep ridiculous tax breaks for the super-uber-wealthy by withholding unemployment benefits from the working class that has suffered so much during this economic crisis.  How do those people sleep at night? Well...I will get off my soapbox now.

When Christmas Comes To Town
The Polar Express



No comments: