Sunday, December 12, 2010

Getting old

So...yesterday was my birthday.  I have decided I am no longer counting the years...it is depressing.  I feel SO old.  I can't even imagine how bad it will be after I have kids and they start growing up!  Just watching Eric grow up has made me feel old.  All the stupid grey hairs I am getting aren't helping...AT ALL!  Anyway, I did have a birthday and there are indeed many things to be happy about.

Like my wonderful husband!  He had Saturday and Sunday off of work and we got to spend both days together.  So nice.  He bought me a Kindle (which I REALLY wanted!).  We went to breakfast and dinner on my birthday, just the two of us :)  I love days like that because I LOVE my husband.  I have married a really great guy!

Also, my awesome family!  I got texts and calls and messages left from all my family.  They are so great!  I don't know what I would do without them!  Today, all of us here in Texas went to the Cheesecake Factory (my favorite) and it was amazing, as usual.  I had a coupons for some free cheesecake.  It was delicious.  The Chocolate Tuxedo Cream Cheesecake and like a little bit of heaven.  Seriously.  Anyway, I love my family.  That is all.

I also am thankful for all my wondeful friends that called, texted and left me messages.  They are great.  I miss them all so much :(  I am still working on getting Theresa down in Texas...working on it!

I should also say that although I am complaining about getting old, I still look and feel young and that is good.  The lady at dinner last night said she never would have guessed I was...well my age is irrelevant!  I also have had quite a bit of blood work done recently and even though I am overweight, I am quite healthy.  All my lab tests are normal.  Yay!

Today, Mimi and Ian brought over their new camera so Shawn and I could take some Christmas pictures.  Here are some of them.

2 comments:

The Richardson Family said...

this is only one picture????? where are the rest that you talk about????? are you getting forgetful in your old age :

The Richardson Family said...

can i withdraw my last comment now that i can see all the pics :)