Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Men's Wearhouse Holiday Party

This past weekend Shawn had his Holiday Party for work. Men's Wearhouse has a huge get together for all the employees in the Chicagoland area (which includes NW Indiana and parts of Iowa I guess). The dinner & awards banquet was held at the Hyatt Regency on Wacker downtown. That is a pretty nice venue and from our experience with yummy Hyatt food we were expecting the food to be pretty tasty! The party was black tie (the guys who work for the company all got free tux rental for the party - I still had to buy a dress!). We had a good time (not great though because the DJ sucked! Majorly sucked!) and the food was tasty! We each got two free drinks from the bar as well, so nice added bonus! Shawn's store did not receive any awards but then again, they are a pretty small store. The CEO of the company (the guy from the commercials) was there to present the awards. I discovered that the company gives away what they call Aloha Awards at these banquets. They gave away 5 at this particular party so I can't imagine how many they give out over the whole country, but probably a lot! The Aloha Award is a $3500 voucher for a vacation anywhere in the world for you and a guest! Pretty sweet, right? I told Shawn that since I know of this award now it must be his goal to win it! So...check back next year to check on that! Here are a few pictures of us looking pretty snazzy in our classy attire!
McGaughey. Shawn McGaughey.
Doesn't he look so James Bond?
Nothing really to say about my picture...I got the most awesome shoes though to go with my dress. They were kind of expensive but I LOVE them!
Me and My Love just about to walk out the door. Don't we look classy?

No comments: