Saturday, December 4, 2010

My Musical Days of Christmas: Day 4

This next song is from one of my FAVORITE Christmas movies.  ELF!  I am not a huge Will Ferrell fan, but he was so perfect as Buddy the Elf that you can't help but love him.  Elf has to be one of the best quoting movies of all time.

"Buddy the Elf. What's you favorite color."
"I like to whisper too."
"You sit on a throne of lies."
"Francisco."
"The best way to spread Christmas cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."
I could go on, but I think I'll just watch the movie instead (although to be honest, I have already watched Elf this holiday season...on Thanksgiving.)

In the film, Jovie is played by the actress Zooey Deschanel.  There is a scene in the film where Buddy hears her singing in the shower and he enters the bathroom and begins to sing along.  The song, Baby It's Cold Outside, is on the Elf soundtrack sung by Zooey Deschanel and Leon Redbone.  Although many artists have performed this song over the years (I think I have 6 in my iTunes) this version is my favorite.  I love Zooey's voice...she should do some more singing.



No comments: