Saturday, December 18, 2010

My Musical Days of Christmas: Day 18

Eric did a project for school recently and had to write about family traditions.  He couldn't think of any but then as we started to talk about it he realized we have quite a few at Christmas.  Ever since he was little, on Christmas Eve he and I make the sugar cookie Christmas tree to leave for Santa and Mom always makes biscuits and gravy in the morning.  Mimi always wakes up too early.  Mom always gets at least one present wrapped for the wrong kid ;)  At my dad's, one of our traditions is to have periogi on Christmas Eve. My Grandpa Lach's family was from Poland and the periogi is about the only bit of Polish heritage that has survived my family.  Grandma Lach used to make them, then she started getting a bit too old for the challenge so my cousin Kathy would help.  Now it is a whole family task.  I hate the years that I am not there for Christmas to enjoy them!  This tradition is one of the reasons I enjoy this next Christmas song so much...

The 8 Polish Foods of Christmas
by: The Veggie Tale's Gang
A Very Veggie Christmas
If you aren't familiar with The Veggie Tales then you are missing out.  They are a great Christian video series for children.  The cucumber (Larry) does a series of silly songs throughout the shows and they are hilarious.  My favorite part of the videos are Larry's Silly Songs.  We've already started playing them for Logan!  If you know any children you should get them some Veggie Tales videos.


No comments: