Sunday, February 27, 2011

Our Delicious Midwestern Adventure: Indianapolis

We arrived at the final stop on our trip Thursday evening...and it has been all fun since then!  Here is a rundown of the last couple of days.

** We had dinner & drinks with Shawn's friend Amanda Shelley and her husband at Rock Bottom Brewery.  Yummy!  The beer was delicious.

** We stopped at a liquor store to buy a case of Oliver Wine: Soft Red.  It is my favorite wine in the world and is unfortunately not readily available in Texas.  Problem solved now...I have a whole case!

** We layed around doing nothing with Theresa...watching Season 2 of Big Bang Theory.

** Went to a game night at Sarah & Corey Ruble's house in Avon.  It is a really nice house!  Got to meet their dog, George.  Shane and Jennifer English also came over for the game night.  We had a great time!  We took over Little Cesears Pizza and breadsticks and Shane brought beer.  We played Trivial Pursuit (boys against girls) and Loaded Questions.  It was a good time.  I will never see Corey the same way again....

We had lunch yesterday with one of my favorite people, Megan McVicker!!  She's awesome! Plus we ate at O'Charley's (be very jealous Mimi!).  We love that place and again...not so easy to find in Texas :( 

We forgot to go to Oberweis while we were in Chicago (we were too busy!) so we found the one in Carmel and headed there after lunch.  Oh boy...best ice cream EVER!  I really think that the Chcocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream is the most delicious dessert of all time.  Really.

After a little rest, we headed to Noblesville to go bowling with Theresa and some of her friends from work.  The Lebanon HS teachers like to drink and bowl for stress relief....and it was a good time!  I bowled the best game I've bowled in a long time (147) and we all did well and terrible at the same time!

We decided to try to go out with a bang so we went to Broadripple after bowling to meet up with a couple of Shawn's friends of Ball State, Amanda & Jenn.

I have completely realized that I am too old for places like Broadripple...but it makes me sad to admit it!  I was irritated by the noise, the smoke, the people constantly rubbing up against you, the bartenders getting up on the bar dancing in practically their underwear!  I guess I'm just and old fart now.  Oh well...I can deal with that!

While we were at the bar, some girl came up to Shawn and asked if he was single!  I was sitting right next to him too :)  Ah...good times!

The bottom line is that we spend the past few days with Theresa...and that is the most important part!

Now to start the long drive home.  To Texas.  Back to Logan.  Back to the warmth.  Back to our sweet puppy, Marcie, who is patiently waiting for us (or just me).


No comments: