Saturday, February 19, 2011

Our Delicious Midwestern Adventure: Day 1

As we planned our trip to the Midwest we planned many things...mostly involving seeing family and friends.  I will not lie though: I was crazy excited for the food.  We have a list of places we HAVE to eat while we're on "vacation."  I decided quickly that my diet is out the window this trip, so I am going to chronicle the food with pictures so I always remember just why I didn't lose weight (or possibly gained weight) and then remember why it was all worth it! So, yesterday was our first full day in Chicago and we scratched a couple of stops off our list.

Butterfield's Pancake House

When we lived in Oak Park, we would meet Dad & Ana (and sometimes Niko) for breakfast at Butterfields every Saturday that we could.  It is our favorite place for breakfast!  Shawn LOVES pancakes and he thinks that Butterfield's are the best.  I have to agree.  The food is fabulous!


My favorite thing to order...California Scrambler. Yum!  Totally worth a whole days worth of calories :)

Wells Stree Popcorn

We drove to Oak Park after breakfast so we could grab the train into the city run a couple of errands.  Before we got on the train I had to stop for the world's best caramel corn.


We watched the Blackhawk's game at Dad's yesterday evening at ate some pizza after spending some time at Woodfield Mall in the afternoon.  By 10pm last night I could barely keep my eyes open.  This "vacation" is going to be very tiring!

No comments: