Sunday, February 20, 2011

Our Delicious Midwestern Adventure: Day 2

The Chicago portion of our adventure has ended...and it certainly ended with an adventure!

Yesterday afternoon Shawn and I headed to Superdawg for the best Chicago-style hot dog that you can get.  Delicious!


We went over to visit Grandma Lach's house because Aunt Mel & Uncle Glenn have moved it and made some changes.  By some changes I mean a complete remodeling...because her house had been exactly the same since the early 60's.  The house looks great!  They have a lot more to do, but it looks like the house will work for them.  I would post some pictures, but unless you saw the house before you wouldn't really appreciate it.  I'll just show Mimi when I get home.  She will be shocked!

Yesterday evening we had family gathering (in honor of me and Shawn) at my cousin Cristie and her husband Ben's home.  It was like a typical family gathering...

My cousins drinking and being loud.
Food.
My cousin's husbands telling bad (and dirty) jokes.
Drama.
The kids running around yelling and fighting.
Miller Lite.
Lou Malnati's Pizza (which makes the drive up here completely worth it).
Teenagers (my cousin's kids.)
Crying (the follow-up to the kids fighting).
Food.
Emergency run to the liquor store...

This is where the fun begins!  When Cristie and Kathy returned from the liquor store with Jager, Red Bull, Jose Cuervo Tequila, and Tequila Rose Cocoa...Jager Bomb anyone?
Oh, let the fun begin...
and it did!

I love my family!

Shawn enjoying his Lou's.  Best Pizza EVER!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I love that picture of you two! You guys are so cute together!