Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Good, The Bad & Turning 30

You may know that I turned 30 in December, and I did not welcome this stage in my life graciously.  I was not at all happy about turning 30.  I have been 30 now for a few months and I have learned that there are some good things...but mostly bad.

The Good
- Cheaper car insurance.  State Farm lowered my premium because I am more mature now?
- No need to dress like I'm in college anymore so I can wear clothes that are comfortable. I don't have to wear heels unless I want to!  Basically I can dress in a more "mature" manner and I look appropriate!

The Bad
- More expensive life insurance.  I got a letter from the life insurance carrier for the hospital that said my premium will be increasing so I can changed my coverage to lower if I wanted to save that money.  Exactly what I need to do as I'm getting older, right?  Less life insurance?
- Gray hair...I know I've complained about this one before!
- Minor aches & pains...like my knees especially. 

I'm sure there are more good things and bad things, but for right now that I the stuff I was thinking about.   I have found more than anything else it is my biological clock that has felt the effects of turning 30 more than anything else.  I have always wanted children and now that I am 30, and my sister is having a baby soon (so freakin' excited!!), I want to have children more than ever.  I guess we'll just have to see what the future holds.

No comments: