Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

St. Patrick's Day is one of my & Shawn's favorite days.  We always enjoy going out to Irish Pubs, drinking green beer, drinking the Kryptonite shots Shawn makes, and just having a good time. This year we decided to dedicate our fun to my Grandma Lach.  She always loved St. Patrick's Day, which is appropriate seeing as she is Irish.  So today is for Grandma.

Last night my family got together to cook out and sort through tubs and tubs of pictures that Grandma has collected through the years.  We found many many pictures of ourselves that we wish could have never been found, but we also found many pictures that we love!  Grandma kept everything...she even has an original wedding announcement from her parents wedding!  Wow!  They were married in 1921!  She has pictures that are even older!  I am looking forward to having more time to go through all those pictures.  I did find a few pictures of Grandma Lach with Mimi and I that I wanted to share.

This last picture is from Grandma's 80th Birthday Party.

The shirt Grandma is wearing is her favorite shirt...her poker shirt.  She loved this shirt so much that she wanted to wear it to my wedding!  Thank goodness Aunt Mel took her shopping, but it was her first choice.  So Aunt Kathy, Aunt Mel, and my Dad all decided that it would be appropriate for this to be the shirt she is buried in...with her bingo bag.  If you knew her then you would completely understand why this is what we're doing :)  The wake will be tomorrow evening with the funeral Friday morning.  We also will be getting together Saturday to celebrate what would have been Grandma's 86th birthday.

No comments: