Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Grandpa Manning


My Grandfather, William Manning, passed away late last night.  He had been battling with COPD & CHF for many years and was diagnosed with a brain lesion (unconfirmed cancer) a few weeks ago that left him with the symptoms of a stroke.  He had been struggling to breathe for so long and it just finally got to be too much for him.  Although I will miss him terribly, I have many great memories of him from throughout my life.  I don't ever remember a time he wasn't a part of my life, even before we lived in Indiana.  When we lived in Florida he wrote me letters, and then once he got a computer he wrote me emails and we chatted on AIM.  I will never forget all the chats we had on AIM.  He was always watching out for me...harrassing my boyfriends :)  He loved his family and he grandchildren so much and I know he knew how much we all loved him. 

From Grandma & Grandpa's 50th Wedding Anniversary Party


The weekend of my wedding...Grandpa wasn't well enough to make the trip to Indy for the weekend so we all made a trip to Muncie to see him!

No comments: