Saturday, December 26, 2009

Three Christmases


Christmas has come and gone and as usual it has been a whirlwind for us!  We have three of our typical four Christmases done though and we might get to relax and just enjoy having Mimi & Ian here on Monday!

We did Christmas in Chicago on Christmas Eve with my Dad's family and my Aunt Mel & Uncle Glenn's house.  Since Mom, Eric, Sara, Ian & Mimi were all staying with me we all went together.  It was a blast!  Eric got to enjoy the full experience that is my Dad's side of the family!  Loud & crazy but really fun!  I had to cut out early though because I had to work that night (Boo!). I did get a chance to exchange gifts with Dad & Ana before I left and they got Shawn & me both Blackhawks Jerseys!  They are so awesome!  We both wore ours today :) 

Christmas morning when I arrived home from work Mom, Eric, Sara, Mimi, Ian and Shawn were all awake and ready for presents!  Our stockings were all hung neatly by the window.


Plus there were a ton of presents under the tree!  (There are a bunch you can't see crammed behind that couch...haha)


We changed the normal Christmas rules and let mom open her presents first.  She got some movies she wanted (Star Trek of course!) and we also got her this personalized family tree ornament that has all six of our names on it!


Next was Eric's turn.  He got some fun stuff (like the Star Trek Communicator from mom) as well as some useful stuff (a super cool tie from me).  Of course there were movies in his pile...there always are.  Not too bad!


Sara had a pretty good pile too, especially when you consider that Mimi almost forgot Sara's presents back in Muncie.  Oops :)  But it was fine...they were all there for her to open.  Sara loved the new season of LOST from us as well as her jar of Baconnaise from Mom.  If you watch John Stewart you'll know why that is hilarious!


Shawn got The Complete Series of That 70's Show from Mom, which is something her really wanted!  Plus since he and I decided not to get presents for each other this year we each just got one small present and these are the awesome Colts jammie pants I got him.  He loves that they match his Colts Christmas hat :)


Shawn wrapped my present all by himself...which is fairly evident if you look at it! He got me the 3rd season of Bones to go with seasons 1 & 2 that I got with birthday money from his parents.  Yay!  We also got some good movies, like Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, The Chipmunk Adventure, Up, & Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince.  We'll have plenty to watch!  I also got a sweet travel glass from Starbucks that I have been wanting.


Mimi & Ian got some presents too but apparently we forgot to take pictures of them.  I promise they were there :)  We all got good stuff and had a great time together!  Mimi, Mom, Sara & I played The Beatles Trivial Pursuit while dinner was cooking then we all played Scene It: The 80's later that night.  Scene It was pretty intense but we laughed a ton and that is what it is all about.  Ian & Mimi won, but Shawn and I have demanded a rematch!  Results to follow.

Today we headed toward Muncie with stop in Burlington to visit Shawn's family.  Shawn's parents got us some nice stuff including some Cubs Jersey shirts, a new wallet for Shawn and some Captain Morgan glasses for his drinks.  We had some lasagna and chatted for a bit before heading to Muncie to prepare for one last Christmas tomorrow with the Mannings.  P.S. We are wearing our new Hawks Jersey's in this picture!


Needless to say, we were all pretty exhausted after these few days!  I was napping too but seeing as this is my blog my sleeping picture did not make the cut!  Don't they look sweet? 


Tomorrow after the Manning Christmas we will pick up the dogs...I am so excited to see them!


No comments: