Tuesday, December 15, 2009

First snow and furniture

The snow started this week. I woke up one morning and peaked out the window to find snow covering the tree outside. It was early so the sun was just rising and it was so beautiful! One of only 2 days each year I like the snow (the first snow and Christmas morning...that's it!).


We have been planning to get a new dining room table since we moved, but we weren't in a huge hurry. I wanted to have a new table before Christmas since some of my family is coming here for Christmas dinner, so I have just been looking from time to time waiting for something to catch my eye. Well, I found our table. It is so pretty! I love it! I got a good deal and free delivery (which is awesome because we have a tiny car and the one I had been looking at from iKea was too big to fit in the car). I also decided to take the ceiling fan down from the dining room and put up a regular light fixture. For some reason our apartment building decided that the only room in the apartment that needed a ceiling fan was the dining room (I have NO idea why that room of all rooms) and it was NOT centered in the room. Another thing that REALLY drives me nuts! What kind of dining room doesn't have the light centered? Anyway...this has been bothering me so I found a pendant light that I could drape so I could hang it over the table without moving the actual hole in the ceiling. I took the ceiling fan down and stored it away so now I have a complete dining room that I love! So ready for Christmas dinner now!

2 comments:

The Richardson Family said...

you realize there is 7 of us that need to fit around that table?? dont think its gonna happen :)

Mom said...

I didn't even know you were looking to get one - but I loveit!