Monday, December 21, 2009

It's almost here...

Christmas is one of my favorite times of year for many reasons.

I LOVE my Christmas Tree.  It is totally unlike the tree I had growing up (not that I don't love your tree Mom...) and it is exactly me! It is all blue, white and silver...which is beautiful to me!  I wrap all the present matching paper so the entire look coordinates.  It makes me happy.

Christmas music makes me smile and often times it makes me cry.  Just today on the way to work I was listening to my Christmas playlist and ended up in tears.  There is just something about this time of year that gets my emotions all swirly. Songs about being away from those you love make me cry. Songs about children not having the kind of Christmas I was always able to enjoy make me cry.

Christmas lights and decorations are so cheerful!  I love to see stores all decorated and lights lining the streets.  The houses that go all out with lights all over the house and yard and with Santa & his sleigh on the roof make me smile (even though I DO NOT want my house to ever look this crazy).  People's homes all decorated with decorations made by the kids at school are so sweet.

Of course, we can't forget mistletoe.  What's Christmas without mistletoe :)  Mine is hanging in the doorway to the kitchen...but it's made of bells.  It's so cute!

My favorite thing about Christmas is being able to spend time with the people I love.  I get to see my family.  All of my families.  We do different things and have different traditions with each group, but they are all great!  We all eat too much food, laugh a lot, sing Christmas songs, watch Christmas movies, and play games (with a dose of healthy competition - I am so gonna beat Mimi & Ian and Twilight Scene It next week with my awesome partner Haley).

I am so glad that Christmas is almost here!

1 comment:

The Richardson Family said...

oh no - you are not winning!!! we are gonna take you down, its me, ian and holly (since lets be serious, ian doesnt know anything!!)