Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me...

My birthday came and went. I survived. Getting old isn't as bad as I expected. I don't feel any older than I did before. It was a fun weekend though, which I'm sure helped! Theresa came to visit. That always makes for a great weekend. Friday night we went to dinner at Bucca di Beppo with a friend of mine from work and her husband. We had never been there before. Oh...delicious! The food was heavenly :) It was nice to get to meet Stacy's husband too...we talk so much at work about our families and it is nice to get to put faces with names and stories :) I hope we can get together again soon! After dinner we made an appearance at the holiday party for my work. I had previously insisted that I would not go just because it was my birthday, but we stopped by so that we could meet up with another friend from work, Sarah, and her husband. The holiday party wasn't too bad (the alcohol was free) and then we went to a bar nearby with Sarah and Chris. It was a late night, but we had a great time!

Everyone slept in on Saturday (Dad had to work so we didn't get to do breakfast). We had planned to go to Dave & Buster's Saturday night but by the time evening arrived we decided to make drinks at home, order in the best pizza in the world (Lou Malnati's) and play games. My step-brother, Niko, came over and we played games for a few hours. It was lots of fun! Theresa and I were the big winners overall...although Shawn and Niko did win Cranium. We started to play LOTR Trivial Pursuit, but everyone decided it was far to skewed in my direction, so we changed games. Boo!

Shawn made me a birthday cake too. It was yummy...he got trick candles though. Meanie!



No comments: