Monday, December 7, 2009

Early Birthday

As I'm sure everyone knows, I have been sick all week. I have been spending just about all day and night in bed, sleeping and watching tv. I am also someone who likes to get and give presents early. If I have already purchased a gift for someone and they are around me, I will try to give them the present. Similarly, if I know that a present has been purchased for me I will bug you tirelessly to know what the gift is. Shawn knows that I am like this but he is very good about fending me off. He told me weeks ago that he already had my birthday presents but he was keeping them at work. Side note...I am not a snoop! I don't go looking for hidden presents. I like for people to just give them to me or tell me what it is! Anyway, I think Shawn felt pity for how sick I have been feeling and he caved and gave me my presents a few days early. Yay! They were great presents too! Here are a few pictures he took...ignore how gross I look.
He got me the complete Anne of Green Gables movies (all three), which I have been wanting for quite awhile!
He also got me a new Precious Moment. It is one of Sleeping Beauty. Princess Aurora being kissed awake by her Prince. Sleeping Beauty is my favorite of the classic Disney movies, although Belle is my favorite Disney Princess. I love this Precious Moment. It is called "Believe in the Power of True Love." Fitting to get this gift from my true love!


We'll be going out to dinner on my birthday with a friend that I work with and her husband. I'm looking forward to that! Then I think we're going to do some partying the next night to help me to forget that I'm getting old.

No comments: