Wednesday, December 30, 2009

On to the new year!

Christmas is over now...on to 2010!  Shawn and I made it back home (Mimi & Ian - and the doggies - are safe back in Texas as well).  It took quite a bit to make our apartment livable again after all the visitors we had...but we did it!  The apartment is clean, laundry is all done, the bathrooms are restocked with toilet paper :)  The Christmas stuff is all still up because I just can't take it down yet.  I love my Christmas tree...maybe I'll take it down in a week or so.

Shawn & got a game for the Wii called Smarty Pants from Theresa and it is so much fun!  We played a few games and we each won a couple so additional rematches will be necessary.  We had such a good time playing though.  There is a part where you can try to steal a question from the other player if they already buzzed in but you know it.  In order to actually steal it though, you and the other player have to have a "tug of war" using the wii remotes.  Oh wow!  We did that once and it was so hard!  Both of our arms were sore afterward!  Haha!  But I won so it is ok :)

Today is the time to get stuff sorted and put away, while also getting all the bills and stuff that I've been putting off taken care of.  Shawn will FINALLY have health insurance again once Jan 1 rolls around, so I needed to take care of some stuff with that (gotta love making calls to Blue Cross Blue Shield).  Also we decided to change our Netflix stuff around, which turned out to be slightly more complicated than I though, so I had to make a call to them and luckily the guy I spoke to was SO nice!  Also needed to update some stuff with the renters insurance, so of course more calls for that...then to deal with Comcast who are a bunch of idiots!  I also put a digital copy of Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince on my iPod, so that will be fun for work tonight!  Woohoo! I got some new Christmas music as well as the new Rob Thomas CD for Christmas so those have been added to my music library as well.  Love it! Oh well, I got all my stuff taken care of and now it is time for a nap before work!

No comments: