Saturday, December 5, 2009

Sick

I've been sick for a few days, but I really thought I was starting to get better. I went to work Thursday night and boy was that a mistake! I had to wear a mask all night so I wouldn't get the babies sick, but my nose was running so badly that I had to change my mask at least 30 times! With about 45 minutes to go of my shift I started coughing too...that was a new development. By the time I got home I was coughing like crazy which made it difficult for me to sleep (which I needed to do because I was supposed to go back to work for Friday!). Needless to say, I woke up around 3pm and realized that with the plugged up nose that wouldn't stop running (seems like that isn't possible, right? well it is!) there was no way I could spend 12 hours around the babies without scaring parents and possibly getting babies sick. Not to mention just staying awake that long! So I had to call in sick to work, which really sucks because I hate using my PTO/vacation days for sickness! I went to the doctor, which was a huge hassel because my doctors office closes at 2pm on Friday and I have an HMO so going to an urgent care center is a bit of a challenge. I pulled it all off though and discovered that I do not have a cold...I have a Sinus Infection (shocker) and an Upper Respiratory Infection, but not Bronchitis (which is what I was afaid it would be). So the doc sent me off with a prescription for antibiotics and an order to go to sleep, turn on my humidifier, drink lots of fluids, and not to talk too much (because of my scractchy voice). Fun. So now I'm in bed with a Harry Potter movie marathon going on in the background. I admit I've only actually watched about 15 minutes of them because I keep falling asleep, but that's ok. I guess I need the rest. I can't imagine why though because I'm pretty sure I slept 75% of Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday until I had to get up to go to work!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

You have to get better for some Buca Di Bepo! But really, hope you're feeling better. Missed you at work last night...