Wednesday, December 7, 2011

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like....

...CHRISTMAS!!

Yay!  I love Christmas time.  The time of year from Thanksgiving to the New Year is my favorite time of year!  There are many reasons...

Thanksgiving.
I already told you about my Thanksgiving.  It was awesome.  The food was delicious.  Logan was adorable.

Christmas Music.
Every year, I hold off on my Christmas playlist until Thanksgivng...then it is let loose!  I love Christmas music.  I have to buy at least 1 new Christmas CD every year.  Yes...I still actually buy the CD.  The physical CD.  I love it!  It makes me happy.  This year my CD purchase was Michael Buble.  He is heavenly.  I could listen to him sing all day and his voice is extra wondeful when he's singing Christmas music.  Plus the Target version of the CD had extra tracks.  I'll take it!   My Christmas playlist grows significantly every year.  This year it is up to 250 songs.  Last year I blogged everyday about a Christmas song I loved...check it out if you are interested in finding some new, great Christmas songs.

Crate and Barrel
If you've never been to this store you are missing out.  It is great any time of year.  If I won the lottery (if I played the lottery) it is the first place I would go.  But...it is extra wonderful at Christmas.  I spend entirely too much money there every year...especially after Christmas.  One of my favorite purchases recently is the pancake molds.  Shawn loves  pancakes and now I can make them festive! 
(Disregard the disgusting looking snowman pancakes...Shawn lathered them in peanut butter!  Gross, but he loves it!)

Christmas Trees and Decorations
Anyone who knows me knows how much I love my Christmas tree.  I have decorated my tree the same way for years.  All blue, white, and silver.  It has been called "The Colts Tree" and "The Keystone Tree" in the past.  It is neither of those but I think it is the most beautiful tree ever.  My husband and mother disagree.

They wanted our tree to feel most like a famliy tree.  I know exactly the tree they are talking about because my mother and Shawn's mother do this tree (and most other mothers too).  It is decorated with multicolored lights and handmade christmas ornaments and sometimes actual candy canes or popcorn garland...not my kind of tree.  My plan has always been to do my beautiful blue tree until we had a house.  Then I could put up 2 trees...mine and the family tree.  This year I caved...and I put up the family tree to make Shawn happy.  He loves it...so I guess it is worth it :)

December is also my favorite because it is my birthday month :)  Stayed tuned for highlights from birthday festivities coming up this week!



3 comments:

Mom said...

Beautiful....I may see it everyday but the pictures (maybe the new camera) make it all look especially festive. You know you get your love of the season from me....You were actually my best Christmas present ever!

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful tree Lisa. (Even though YOUR tree was beautiful) I'm sure it took a lot of self-control to let them have the family tree this year, so, kudos. :)

I can't wait to see you guys! Maybe I can come visit after New Years. I just miss you guys like flipping crazy!

LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Whisperz...Shhh said...

hey Lisa this is LaDonn. I finally decided to start a blog. I am new at this; however, I really love your family tree and I also love reading your blog...I miss you at the Sinai