Friday, October 16, 2009

Moving again...

This weekend is moving time again...Shawn and I decided we wanted to find a bigger place but stay in the same area. So we found a 2BR/2BA apartment not far from where we currently live. We're still going to be close to the train and to all the shops and the movie theater. We're a bit farther from the library and Oberweis though (boo) but we'll survive. The the apartment is larger than we have now with a ton of storage in the apartment plus a storage space. The rent includes a parking space as well as heat and water, which is awesome because we pay for all of that now on top of our rent. Oh yeah...and the rent is a tad cheaper than we pay now! So yay for saving money! We really felt like more space would be good and it will be nice to have a place we can stay for a few years and grow into.
So the move it set for tomorrow morning. I just got off work and we're off to pick up the keys in a bit. Then...and this is the best part...we're buying a new bed! Woohoo!!! I am so excited for this! I've been wanting a new bed for some time but we figured we'd wait until we had two bedrooms so our current bed can move to the guest room (which means that guests won't have to sleep on the couch anymore so everyone book your visit). I don't sleep well on our bed because it is too firm and my neck just can't handle it. We're getting a bedframe too, which is really exciting because I've never had a real bed like that! I've hit the big time I guess :)
Theresa is coming up to help with the move too, so of course it will be awesome to see her!
We'll post some pictures once we get stuff in an settled.

No comments: