Wednesday, October 21, 2009

All Moved In

So we are all moved in to our new place. It was a LONG weekend and I'm still slowly trying to get things settled, but it was worth it. I really think we're going to like our new place. The other residents in our building seem really nice! We've already met several of our neighbors (and we never met any of our old neighbors) plus when you see people around the building they talk to us and hold doors and stuff. Nice!
The move was a bit stressful at times...especially when we discovered that our couch wouldn't fit into our new apartment...only we didn't realize until the guys had already carried it up 3 flights of stairs! We tried every angle to get it through the doorway, including taking the door off the hinges. It just wasn't going to happen. So we had to get a new couch, which wasn't one of the pre-planned moving expenses. So looks like I'll be working so overtime soon! We did get a few things we had already planned to buy...like a new bed! YAY! I love it! We got a new mattress and a bedroom set that all matches (I've never had that before!), plus we got a new 46" flat screen tv (which Shawn has been acting gaga about!). We love how everyting is coming together in our home. Once I get things up on the walls and such I will take some pictures.
Aunt Kathy is in town from Oregon this week so we went out to my Aunt Mel & Uncle Glenn's the other night for roast pork and potatoe dumplings. It was yummy! Plus I got to see my cousins and their children, which is always fun. Those kids are so cute! My cousin Kimberly's son Christian is going to be Winnie the Pooh for halloween and he was so excited about it that is went to get the costume to show me. Kimberly said he's been trying it on everyday for her to take pictures of him. He does look cute in it...especially since he has his own little "honey" belly to fill it up! It's gonna be cute. Hopefully I'll get to see some of the kids in their costumes on halloween. We'll see.

No comments: