Monday, September 21, 2009

Wedding Musings

As I look back on the last two weeks, I find that there are some things I think I will always remember. Some things because they were amazing and others because they didn't work out the way I wanted.
Wedding Highlights
* The look on Shawn's face as I walked down the aisle.
* Master Reverend Albert was so amazing during the ceremony! We knew he would do a fabulous job when we asked him, but we were completely blown away by how seriously he took the whole thing. He added just the right amount of humor to the ceremony to make it exactly what we wanted.
* My sister and her husband flying up from Austin to be here for the weekend and being such a huge help in maintaining my sanity.
* The mom's pouring the sand in the main vase at the beginning of the ceremony which made us doing the Unity Sand Ceremony useless. Priceless.
* How beautiful all my bridesmaids looked and how grown up my baby brother looked in a tux.
* Sara's "Amy Winehouse" hairdo. Another priceless moment!
* Patrick almost falling down the stairs after the ceremony during pictures.
* Theresa getting mad everytime the photographer's told her to make a serious face.
* Almost forgetting all the bouquets at the Hyatt for the ceremony!
* Walking to the Hyatt for the reception hand in hand with my husband.
* Our first dance to our favorite song to sing together (A Whole New World)
* Delicious food...very delicious food.
* Valerie sending back her salad (family inside joke)
* My Aunt Colleen being more drunk than I have every seen her, but wow did she have a good time!
* My cousin Kelly's son Tyler talking to me for really the first time every and telling Kelly that he should have married me before Shawn because I'm soft.
* So many compliments on the little crafty things I made for the wedding, as well as the super cool guestbook.
* Albert & Andrew completely taking over the dance floor...they are awesome!
* The JLP together again...for not nearly enough time though.
* A great, great party with so many people that we love!
With all the good there is always some bad...
I just want to comment to anyone who knows (and loves) Concannon's like I do. We purchased our cakes from Concannon's because I love they cakes. I knew they wouldn't deliver to Indianapolis so I made arrangements to drive to Muncie the day before my wedding to pick them up. I called and visited the shop several times before the day came to pick the cakes up. I had asked on a previous call about storing the cakes overnight. At the time I was unsure if we would be able to use the pastry fridge at the Hyatt so I asked Concannon's if the cakes would be ok if they were left out at room temperature overnight. They assured me it would be fine if they weren't refridgerated. We ended up being able to use the pastry fridge and the morning of the wedding I went down to the ballroom early to get the ribbons put on the cakes before getting my hair done. Almost all of the cakes had some portion of the frosting totally falling off! It was a disaster. I was freaking out and it caused me to be late to my hair appointment, starting off the wedding day in completely the wrong way. The pastry chef at the Hyatt ended up agreeing to help fix the cakes and my Dad, Stepmom & Stepbrother Mike stayed there to help so I could go. We took pictures of all the of the cakes to approach Concannon's with later. I have not been able to get there yet, but my Mom called and spoke with them. They claim that the cake's frosting fell off like that BECAUSE we put them in the fridge overnight! Can you belive it? I am shocked that Concannon's is acting like this is my fault! This situation is not over yet...I will let you know what happens when I show them the pictures.
Overall Shawn and I had a wonderful day. We both agree that once the ceremony started things went smoothly and at the end of the night we were happily married, which was the plan. We want to thank everyone who was there to help us celebrate!

No comments: