Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Locke Bar & Bistro

For dinner tonight we walked to The Locke Bar & Bistro in Limerick. Unfortunately, every place we've been to for food we have no idea what to do. There are no hostesses and you get there and just kinda stand and look around. And it isn't like it is so obvious what you're supposed to do because each place has had a different routine. Anyway, we got there early so we were in time for the Early Bird Specials. For the Early Bird you get a "starter," a main course and coffee. For my apppetizer I chose the mussels. The mussels had a funny name that I couldn't pronounce and when I pointed to them on the menu the waitress (who didn't seem very bright) said "those are mussels." I was like, "yeah, I know. I just don't know how to say it." Then she said, "well, I think its French." It was very odd. Then, right after that I asked her what prawns were. There was an open-faced sandwich that Shawn wanted that had prawns so I was curious what it was. The waitress tried to describe it then finally said, "well, its seafood." So it arrived...and it is shrimp. Seriously? What was our waitress on? Anyway, we were there for a few hours. We had a few drinks each and an apple cobbler for dessert. It was delicious.

Tomorrow we head out of Limerick to Doolin. We're going to stop on the way in Bunratty at the Bunratty Castle and Folk Park. Should be fun then Doolin is a small coastal village with the Aran Islands just off the coast. We're staying at a B&B there. Stay tuned!

No comments: