Sunday, September 13, 2009

Cliffs of Moher

First things first...we arrived in Dublin today. I am almost done with needing the rental car...thank goodness!! These people drive like maniacs! The directions I printed off the internet were great, but the streets around here are rarely labeled and if they are the signs are so damn small you don't see it until you are at it and can't turn or you don't see it at all! Anyway, we made it to our hotel. Now for our first evening in Dublin :)
Also, I wanted to post the pictures I wanted to post with the Aran Island blog. Now that we have better internet, here is a pic of Shawn riding the bike across the island. I did too...and I only fell once :)
The ocean! Shawn could've sat here all day!


My new hat! Hand crafted on the Aran Islands :)

After the ferry brought everyone back from the island, we stayed on board for a ocean view of the Cliffs of Moher. Amazing! There really are no words, so I'll just let you enjoy the pictures.


The little building on top of the cliff is called O'Brien's Tower. It is another of the signal towers of old, but it is still in good condition. I believe you can take tours of it...but we didn't want to walk the cliffs from above. SCARY!
We had a nother delicious dinner when we got back to town at Cullinan's Restaurant. I had something for dessert called Sticky Toffee Pudding. Amazing! We went to another pub in town called O'Conners before heading back to the B&B. We only had one drink though because we were totally pooped out from the day! There was a little chocolate shop beside th pub and when Shawn went to get some chocolate the lady told him to be careful with me because it is matchmaking season here! Oh no!

1 comment:

The Richardson Family said...

good thing you arent in balinagrad!!!