Sunday, May 3, 2009

Awesome Weekend!

Theresa came for a visit this weekend :) We discovered just a few days before she came that Kate Voegele was going to be performing in Chicago, so quickly I bought us some tickets. Kate Voegele is a fairly new singer that got her start on the tv show One Tree Hill. Theresa and Shawn like that show and they have introduced me to lots of music from up and coming stars, like Kate Voegele. She is a great musician and I would recommend listening sometime. You'll love her. The concert turned out to be at a really neat concert venue called Park West near Lincoln Park and she was great. She had an opening act named Angel Taylor who was also very good. Anyway, we got our weekend started out great!

Saturday we were invited to a Derby Party. My Dad's second wife, Sue, has lived in Kentucky for several years now and Mimi and I don't get to see her hardly ever but she was in Orland Park visiting her sister (Aunt Sally & Uncle Tom) and she invited me for the Derby. We used to spend a TON of time them when were kids so it was a blast to see them! I had never been to a Derby Party and I'd never watched the Kentucky Derby either, and both were great fun. We ended up winning a bit of money too, so that's always great! We stopped on the way over to get some hats, and they were lots of fun. I discovered the my cousins Lisa & Laura are both pregnant and they'll are due within a week of each other. I'm so excited for them both of them! We got to see Kristin too and of course any day spend around Sue is always a blast, so I'm so glad that she was up from Kentucky for a visit! There were also some very great snacks too. Theresa won the drawing for the horse that would lose the race and it happened to be named Private Part (which we all thought was pretty darn funny!).
Kristin, Lisa & Laura

Shawn with his crazy leopard print cowboy hat (sexy, huh?) and T and I with funny hats too!
We decided to stop by to get our wedding bands on Saturday. Shawn is not really very excited about jewelry so it was a challenge to get him to find something he actually "liked." I think he found it though! He looked at quite a few and we narrowed it down to a couple then the chose one. I really like it and I think he'll be happy with it forever too! We also picked out my ring, which is the one that completed the engagement ring Shawn already chose. My rings look so pretty together, but Shawn told me that I'm not allowed to wear it yet :( Not even around the house. I love it! I'm even more excited about the wedding now, and so is Shawn!

No comments: