Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Lazy Day

Shawn and I rarely have the same days off, so I was excited for today because we were going to be able to spend it together. I worked last night, so I did have to sleep some this morning, but it was a beautiful day so Shawn was able to ride his bike and do some other things outdoors while I was sleeping. After I woke up we decided to go to an outdoor mall to do some window shopping. I knew there was a Crate and Barrel at that mall, so I thought we could update our registry because Shawn hadn't really had any input on that one as yet. I had been doing it myself online up til now, so it was fun to walk through the store together and pick things out. When we were finished they gave us a free gift for registering there, plus with their registry we will be able to buy anything that isn't purchased for us after the wedding for 10 or 15% off! Sweet. Here is a picture of our free gift.
I already transferred the candy from our current candy dish and made this beautiful heart-shaped glass bowl our new coffee table candy dish. So cute! Unfortunately it started pouring while we were in Crate and Barrel, which wasn't great since we were at an outdoor mall! We managed to get around without getting soaked though.
Then we headed to our first dance class! It was so much fun! We learned the basic steps for the rumba and the fox trot. We decided on the wedding package that includes 6 private lessons and they will choreograph our first dance. The instructor said we did very well for our first time, so we have confidence it is going to turn out well! We told her the song we chose for our first dance and then we have our first official lesson in 2 weeks! We both are really excited about it! We're going to be practicing a lot at home, which should be super fun!

No comments: