Monday, May 18, 2009

What's been going on...

After my busy stretch of work last week, I was looking forward to some time off. I decided it would be fun to make a trip back to Muncie to visit with my family, then Shawn would be able to come down for the weekend too. It was such a great time! I got to spend some time with Mom, Eric, and Sara on Thursday & Friday. Eric had his last middle school track meet, so that was fun to get to watch him do the long jump. Also, Dave came to the track meet as well, so we got to chat for awhile. Sara and I did some shopping together on Friday and we got pedicures...awesome! Mom and I got a few more things for the wedding, plus I got to try on my dress with Mom's help. LOVE IT! I am even more excited for the wedding now! Theresa also made the trip to Muncie for the weekend. Saturday we went to Puerta for lunch (fantastic!) and then we went to see Star Trek again. Shawn and I had already seen it, but Dave, Eric, Theresa and Bryce had not. Of course, everyone loved it. Great great movie.


Saturday Shawn and I also decided to the the tattoo's we've been wanting. We have been putting it off since we haven't really been sure where to go in Chicago. We know places in Muncie and felt a bit more comfortable there, so we did it. Shawn got his Saturday morning at Dragon Slayer and I got mine after the movie Saturday at Lucky Rabbit. Shawn has known what he wanted for awhile so he got the symbol of the Jedi Order on his right arm. It turned out really good!


For my tattoo, I already had a small tattoo that I loved but I wanted something bigger in the same spot. Sara designed a basic addition to my original tattoo and then the guy at Lucky Rabbit tweaked it to make it really work as a tattoo. It turned out great I think!


Saturday also was Bryce's going away party. Bryce is one of Shawn's best friends and he got an internship in L.A. so he'll be moving out there next weekend. A bunch of us got together in Muncie to say farewell for now! He'll be back for our wedding of course though, since he's a groomsman! Drew, his roommate, made a TON of jello shots and they were delicious! We played some cards and the guys smoked some cigars. Overall a great time!

Shawn, Me and Bryce! We'll be missing him!

Pretty sure Theresa and I are dancing...we look so stupid! Theresa thinks it looks like I just punched her in the face. Maybe? I don't know why I would want to punch my bestest though! haha
Me and My Shawn!

1 comment:

Dave said...

I had a great time seeing you guys, except for the tatoos!