Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I caved...

As anyone who knows me well knows, I HATE when my hair is at or beyond my shoulders. It drives me nuts. At least yearly I "say" that I'm going to grow it out and inevitably I cave and get it cut on a whim. Well...as is usual for me I had decided to grow my hair out for the wedding. I really intended to do it this time too! I was sure I could and I had no intention of getting a haircut. Well, as I'm sure you've guess now, I caved and got my haircut today. I am SO happy about it too! I really do hate when my hair is long (and it wasn't even really long, but it was just past my shoulders and that is crazy long to me!). I have several justifications for cutting it.
Reason #1: My hair is always short (chin length I mean) so having it long just for the wedding wouldn't be right. I haven't had hair past my shoulders since I was in high school. It just isn't me and I'm supposed to look like me at my wedding, right?
Reason #2: My hair doesn't look really all the good when its long. It looks better short. It is healthier short. It is easier to take car of short. It doesn't take as long to dry when it is short. There is no need for me to spend 4 more months dealing with hair I hate just to have it look cute for one day.
Reason #3: I am extremely impulsive when it comes to my hair (the one area of my life that I don't typically plan ahead) and I just decided yesterday I was gonna get it cut and I did.
I also got my highlights fixed up. As usual, I am having to break in a new stylist, and this one did a pretty good job but the haircut is pretty close to what I wanted and she did just the right amount of reddish highlights but slightly more blonde than I would have liked. Next time it should go better and then I will be due for a haircut/color right before the wedding so by then we'll be all set!
So, there you go. I got a haircut. I love it. Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do with it for my wedding, but I have 4 months still, so I should be able to manage that! Here's a picture.



On a side note, this weekend should be really fun! Theresa is coming to visit on Friday and we're going to go to see Kate Voegele perform in Chicago. She is a really great new singer that got her start on One Tree Hill (I won't hold that against her though, haha). Shawn will be working still so he can't come with us :( Then Saturday morning we're gonna hit up breakfast with Dad, Ana & Niko before the Derby Party at the Poremba's. I am really excited for that! I haven't seen them in such a long time. The Poremba's are my aunt & uncle (+ cousins) from my Dad's second wife's (Sue) family. Plus, Sue and her husband Mike will be in town from Kentucky too! It should be lots of fun and I can't wait. Then, were gonna buy our wedding bands and of course Shawn would kill someone (probably me) if we didn't see the new Wolverine movie this weekend, so that'll be Saturday night. Full weekend ahead, but it should be great fun!

No comments: