Saturday, February 20, 2010

Shutter Island


Oh, how I love date night :)  Shawn and I went to the mall last night to do some shopping then we decided to see a movie while we were there.  Shawn had been planning to see Shutter Island when it came out, but I wasn't so sure.  I thought it looked kind of scary plus I typically am not a huge fan of Scorcese films, but Shawn loves them (especially when they have Leonardo DiCaprio in them).  So we decided to see the movie then get dinner afterward.  I have to admit that I loved the movie!  I was so surprised.  I didn't know anything about the movie at all (and I have since discovered that it is based on a book - my dad read it and said it is good).  It is a great movie!  There are parts that a bloody and kind of graphic but the story is really great.  I would definately recommend seeing this movie.  We were near a Steak N Shake, which Shawn loves, so we ate dinner there and got milkshakes before heading home.  We really had a nice night together...but we always do anyway when we're together!

Shawn leaves tomorrow for his work conference in Santa Cruz, California, which is right outside of San Jose.  He'll be there for 3 days, but we decided since he was going there for work anyway we might as well make a trip of it.  So...he will be done Wednesday morning and I am going to fly out to LA and we'll meet there Wednesday then we'll stay until Sunday morning.  We're going to be staying with Albert, plus we'll be able to visit Andrew finally!  Our friend Bryce lives out there also, and Shawn has another old friend who we're going to try to see as well.  We planned out today all the stuff we're going to try to do while we're there and we're getting excited.  I've been out there once before in 2003, but Shawn never has.  I'm sure we'll have a great time plus we're really looking forward to seeing Andrew!  He's doing really great in his recovery, so we're really happy about that!  We'll take lots of pictures, so check back.

No comments: