Monday, February 22, 2010

Late Night for Shawn

Shawn arrived in California last night...but much later than was expected.  Originally, his flight was supposed to leave from O'Hare at 7:30am on Sunday.  Since it is kind of a pain in the ass to get to O'Hare on the train, I arranged to get Saturday night off of work so I could drive him to the airport in the morning.  Well...Saturday afternoon we discovered that his flight had been cancelled and he was rescheduled on a flight at 6:30pm instead.  That was a bit of an inconvenient time for me, since we would have to leave for the airport at a time that would get me to work WAY too early but depending on traffic and the weather I wouldn't necessarily be able to stop back at home...you get the drift.  So we got him to the airport by 5:15pm and I left to stop for some food before going to work.  In the meantime, the weather in Chicago was getting pretty lasty.  His flight was delayed...and delayed again.  He ended up not leaving Chicago until 9pm so it was almost 1:30am our time when he finally got to San Francisco and then he still had to take a shuttle to the hotel for the conference (which was in Santa Cruz and I guess that's not too close to San Fran).  To end this long story...he arrived in California safe and sound, which is all that matters to me.  I never can relax when people I love are in the air!  Now I can't wait until Wednesday when I am flying out to Los Angeles and meeting him there :)

No comments: