Sunday, May 15, 2011

My favorite things...

Last night, Shawn and I went out to dinner to celebrate his promotion at work.  He is now the Assitant Operations Manager!  Yay!  It is basically the job he had in Chicago before we moved down here, but the store he is at here is much larger and busier.  So we thought a dinner out together was a good idea!

At dinner, Shawn was telling me about a co-worker who had been asking about our wedding.  So, we started remembering our wedding.  We were talking about what a great day it was, even when things went awry in the morning (which he had no idea about...) the day was perfect.  Shawn said that up to this point, it was the best day of his life.  Goodness...I love this man :)


This converstion got me thinking about the simple things in life that make me so happy.  Luckily for Shawn, it isn't hard to make me happy :)  So we were talking about our favorite random things.  I decided my top 5 favorite random things are (in no particular order)...


Bacon
Seriously...is there any food that smells better and is more delicious?

My Blackhawks T-Shirt
OK...this picture is of my Blackhawks jersey (which I love as well) but I don't have any pictures of my favorite shirt.  I sleep in it mostly (because it is too big) but I love it.  It makes me think of my first Blackhawks game at the United Center with Shawn.  We had a blast!

My Wedding Ring Set
Again, this picture is not exactly right.  This is my wedding band and Shawn's wedding band on the ring pillow (that I made for our wedding...aren't I crafty!)  What I love about my ring is that Shawn chose it.  Even though he took my best friend with him, he decided which ring was the right one for me.  And he chose right!  I love it!  It is perfect for me :)

Dogs
I love dogs.  I think they are truly our best friends.  My Marcie thinks I am the greatest thing in the world.  I have had some wonderful dogs during my life and I hate when I don't have a dog.  They are so truly happy to see you when you get home.  What a welcome I get everday!  My dogs always make me feel loved.

Flowers
I love flowers.  They are so pretty and they smell good.  If I'm having a crummy day, seeing pretty flowers will make me feel better.  My favorite flower has been the Daisy for most of my life...but since my wedding I have really loved Lilies and Tulips.  They are such beautiful flowers.  Really, I'm not picky, but I am not a huge fan of roses.  I just think the colors of flowers are great...flowers seem happy!

Anyway, I am sure that there are many things in my life that I am leaving out (like coffee...) but the point is that my life is full and love and happines.  I am truly happy.  I have a fantastic husband, a terrific family, an amazing best friend, the most beautiful nephew in the world, a nice apartment, and a job that I love!  I can't complain!

No comments: