Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Austin City Limits Music Festival

I have obviously heard about ACL before...who hasn't?  But, I never really considered going...until today.  They released the lineup this morning for the 2011 ACL Music Festival (which in in mid-September) and I decided that Shawn and I HAD to go.  Not to all 3 days...that is too expensive and the 3 day passes sold out months ago.  So I figured I would check out the full lineups online and then decided which day would be best.  Before I could even do that though, I saw in my facebook newsfeed that Sara Bareilles (who I LOVE) is going to be at ACL.  So my decision was made.  I would go to whichever day she would be there...turns out it is Friday.

There are actually 42 acts scheduled for the Friday of the festival.  That is too many, but the highlights for me will be:

Sara Bareilles
She's amazing and I have loved her music since the first moment I heard it.  I have both of her albums and they are great.  Even Eric has made positive comments about her and a musician and songwriter.  That's impressive!


Ray LaMontagne
I discovered his music through its uses on different movies and tv shows.  Check him out!


Coldplay
Although they aren't my favorite group and I am not obsessive like some of their fans are, I do like Coldplay.  I have quite a collection of their music and I do think it would be a great show.


Kanye West
I am not going to lie...I am really excited for this!  As much as this guy is crazy and acts like a fool most of the time, I love his music!  I think it will really be a great show!

The rest of the lineup I will have to check out and see what sounds good.  I am so excited for ACL now!

No comments: