Monday, January 10, 2011

Weight Loss Journey: Entry 1

So...once again I am giving Weight Watchers a go.  This time Mom and I are doing it together, so we should have good results.  We have completed one week with success!

I lost 4.2 pounds!

Now only...well A LOT still to lose but I'll get there.

Mom and I have already found some really great recipes, so I'll share some of the good ones we find.  Here is a breakfast recipe I found, which is awesome because breakfast is my favorite!  Also, I read something recently that said your breakfast should consist of 40% of your caloric intake for the day, with 30% at lunch at 30% at dinner.  Who does that on a daily basis?  I guess we should.  This breakfast is not 40% of the daily calories, but it is delicious and filling.


Eggs Italian Style

4 Servings

8 - 1 oz slices of Polenta (I used a Sundried Tomato & Basil variety)
4 small tomatoes, in 1/4" slices
4 egg
1 Tbsp Olive Oil (or cooking spray)
Oregano, Salt & Pepper

In a non-stick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.  Add polenta and cook 1-2 minutes per side then place 2 per plate.  Lightly season tomatoes with salt, pepper and oregano and place in same skillet.  Cook 30 seconds per side, until sugars of tomato start to slightly carmelize.  Place each tomatoe (approx 3 slices) onto plates over the polenta.  Add eggs to skillet (season lightly with salt, pepper and oregano) and cook until whites are opaque but yolk still runny (over easy is what I did).  Place 1 egg on each plate.  Serve.  Yummy.

1 comment:

Tia said...

Dearlordinheaven. That looks divine and I shall be making it!! Keep it up! You're doing great!