Sunday, June 27, 2010

Taco Nite

As you know, Shawn and I will be moving soon to Texas.  We are starting to get really excited about the new adventure, but we will miss Chicago very much...and of course we will miss our super friend Theresa!  Theresa came to visit us this weekend and we're so happy!  There is never a dull moment when T is around :) 

Last night we had a stay home Mexican night...and it was AWESOME!  I made a burrito/taco/taco salad bar (including fish tacos for me, yummy) and we made homemade margaritas (delicious!).  It was so good!  Then we played some games and just hung out, which is our favorite thing to do together.

We started playing Kings, which is my favorite drinking game from my days in Muncie.  I made a rule including my yellow PEZ in the game so when there was downtime I was 'building' with it.


Theresa and Shawn got mad about my PEZ though and they were trying to steal it!  Meanies!


Theresa decided to eat my yellow PEZ instead of hiding it which was a mistake for her because she doesn't like PEZ (I think I may be one of the only adults on Earth who does like it!).  We had a fun night and I am looking forward to the rest of the weekend!

Today we're going to go see Toy Story 3 after Shawn gets home from work and Theresa and I are going to drive around and probably do some shopping while Shawn is at work.  Then tomorrow we're going to the Taste of Chicago.  None of us has ever been, so that should be fun!  I am kinda bummed though because they have a lot of free music concerts at the Taste and Friday night was a free concert from Bel Biv Devoe and Salt 'n Pepa!  I would've loved to have gone to that but I had to work.  Plus later this week on another night I have to work is a free concert from Rob Thomas!  I love him! Oh well...we'll still have fun there tomorrow even if the free concert is something lame.

No comments: