Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Great News!

I have good news from Austin!  As you all surely know by now, Shawn and I decided we are moving to Austin this summer.  This visit of mine was not only to help with my wonderful new nephew Logan...but also to find a job and an apartment from the 4 of us (since my Mom and brother, Eric, are moving with us as well!). 

I am happy to report that I found a great apartment for us that is in a great school district for Eric.  He will be going to Austin High School (which is the same school that the Bush' daughters went to, just as an fyi) and I think he will really love it here!  The music scene is great and that is his #1 interest in life!

Secondly, I found a job!  I had 2 interviews at fantastic NICU's in Austin and I chose to work at the North Austin Medical Center in their Level III NICU.  The manager of that unit is just wonderful and all the people I met were great!  I am really excited to start work there.  I really think that it is the kind of unit that has the same ideology about nursing care of neonates that I do.  They all love the babies, and if you know me at all then you know that I do too.  The manager has a lot of awesome plans for the future of the unit and I am excited to have the chance to be a part of it.  Also, after I accepted the position I was informed that they offer a $3500 relocation reimbursement program!  Wow! I am so excited because now we can hire movers :)  Yipee!
Shawn has made contact with the Men's Wearhouse people down here and they already told him that they definitely have a full time position for him right away.  He may not be able to transfer right away in management, but hopefully once he gets down here it will be as quick as when he started at MWTux in Chicago.  I have faith in him!!

Mom is obviously looking forward to being Logan's daily babysitter :)  I think she'll basically be in heaven every day...and Eric is already really excited to meet the little guy!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Congratulations Lisa! I knew you would find a job without a problem. It's nice that you have all that out of the way and now the rest of your trip will be all about baby!