Sunday, January 31, 2010

Disney on Ice

Shawn's parents, Bob & Stephanie, came for a visit this weekend with Shane of course so we could all go see Disney on Ice at the United Center.  We had a great time!  They arrived Friday evening and we had a nice time chatting while Shane thoroughly enjoyed our Wii (especially Wii Sports Resort).  Saturday morning we went to breakfast with Dad, Ana, & Niko (our typically Saturday morning routine) and it was delicious.  We were going to check out the Lego Discovery Center near Woodfield Mall but it is like $20 a person, so we decided against it.  Shane still got a lego police helicopter.  The Disney on Ice show was really good.  The skaters were all great and the show really wasn't too incredibly cheesy...well yes it was, but it was still good.  Jasmine and Alladin skated together to "A Whole New World," which will always hold a special place in the hearts of Shawn and I since we danced our first dance to that at our wedding :)  We had to introduce Bob & Steph to Lou Malnati's pizza too, so we got that on the way home from the show.  SO delicious.  I only had one piece too in order to at least semi stay on my diet :)  I am afraid to say that I crashed mega early, but we were all up this morning playing the Wii again before they left.  I think we only found one lego on the floor after Shane left too.  Not too bad.  It was great to have them here, but Shane is quite a handful!  We were glad to have some peace and quiet today to just sit around and watch movies.

I am trying out a new recipe from the Weight Watcher's website today called Chili Meatloaf.  It looks like it will be pretty good, so we'll see how it turns out.  It is in the oven right now and we are watching Hercules.  I love lazy days with my husband!

No comments: