Monday, April 6, 2009

Hart-Fuelling Wedding

This past Saturday Shawn and I took a weekend trip back to Indy. My old roommate Shannon was getting married! Her husband Brad is also a great friend and I couldn't be more happy for them! Shannon just finished grad school, she got her master's in Speech Pathology, and Brad has an MBA, such a great accountant. They decided to live in Georgia and just moved last week to a suburb of Atlanta. Shannon has a job lined up but Brad is still looking. The wedding was beatiful and I'm so glad that Shawn and I were able to get down there for the weekend to enjoy it!


Me with the beautiful bride! I love my Shannie! I'm going to miss her so much!
Besides the fact that it was a beautiful wedding, it was also great to catch up with some old friends. Since everyone has graduated from college and moved to all different place we really enjoy weddings because it is a chance for all of us to get together again! Mike was in town from Law School in D.C. He'll be graduating from GW Law in May and then he's going to doing Navy JAG! So awesome...except that he won't be able to come to my wedding because of these plans :( Boo. I also got to see Jon & Kelly Wassner and Brian Rodick - 3 people that I absolutely love and don't get to see nearly enough. Jon & Kelly bought a house recently and I'm so excited to get a chance to see it...hopefully soon! The bad thing about seeing everyone is that it makes me miss them all even more when they leave! I forgot how much I enjoy talking to Brian! I wish he wasn't such a recluse - I hope he reads this! RECLUSE! haha! As always, Sarah Ruble is hilarious to be around. I will always remember her yelling at the waiter at the bar after the wedding for her "nachos!" She really really wanted those Nachos! After the wedding was over, Shawn and I picked up Theresa and met Chris, Mike, Shane, Jennifer, Sarah and Corey at a bar near our hotel. It is always great to get to sit and talk with people we don't see much, and I am SO glad that we did! Interesting conversation...that's for sure! My favorite picture from the night is this one of Erin March. It was getting close to ending time and she discovered the chair tie on the chair. She couldn't believe no one had done this yet, and I'm glad that she did. Great times!
It wouldn't have been a normal night out for Shawn and I if we didn't get a picture of ourselves! We certainly are cheesy when there is a camera around and we're all dressed up! We had a great time at the wedding too. Made us talk a little more about our own wedding details, but I think we're getting close to have all major decisions made (just got to get the tux situation resolved now!) If nothing else, the wedding made us both even more excited for our wedding than we already were. We can't wait!

Before the wedding, we met our photographer at the Indianapolis Museum of Art to do some additional engagement photos. She came up to Chicago to do our engagement session back in February and it turned out to be a terrible day! Raining and cold and VERY windy! She felt bad about that so she asked if we wanted to do some additional pictures and since we were both in Indy this time (usually I come down myself to wedding stuff) we met her. I think these pictures are going to turn out really well! The first ones turned out surprisingly well for such a crappy day, but Saturday was beautiful this time! Plus, the grounds at the IMA are gorgeous! Once we get the pictures all posted, I'll give you all the link to check them out!

No comments: