Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sinus Infections, Cars, and Sports

Last night was my 10 year high school reunion for Monroe Central, the school I went to in my home town before I left for the Academy. I *technically* still am an alumnus of MC and I still have a lot of friends there that I was looking forward to seeing. Unfortunately, I got a really bad sinus infection and seeing as I have no health insurance right now, I couldn't go to the doctor to get antibiotics to make it go away quickly. So, I had to miss out on the reunion. It would have been nice to have gone, but I spend the evening on the couch with OJ and soup watching TV with Shawn. Not a bad night either, but still. So that's both reunions I missed this summer...maybe I'll make it to both for 15 years? We'll see!

So...I just finished watching the Bears game a little bit ago and the Colts game is on right now. I just want to say a few things about the Bears games these last 2 weeks...What the hell is going on at the end of the game??? Last week and this week the Bears were completely on track to win and they screwed it up at the end! This week they lost in overtime! The Bucs scored a TD in the last 10 seconds of regulation time which took the game to overtime...which basically means the game should have been in the bag before overtime even was necessary! What is going on! I had such high hopes after the season opener against the Colts! The Bears played really well and I was surprised but excited for the season. Now I'm wondering what is happening!! I'm not really watching the Colts game right now, so I don't really have much to say about that, but they pulled off a big win at the end last week! It was pretty surprising after watching the first 3 quarters of that game....but good for them! It's gonna be an interesting football season overall!

Speaking of sports that are awesome...can I just say how excited I am about the Cubs this season!! This is the year...I can feel it! They are the NL Central Champs again this year and they have been playing SO well! Ooooooh...World Series here comes the Cubbies!!

Shawn and I decided on a car! I have been doing research for several weeks, comparing fuel efficiency, size, extras, price, etc. We were orginially leaning toward a crossover type car to make it easier with my traveling, but since we're going to be staying in Chicago for awhile we decided against that. We were looking at getting another Cobalt (like I had), a Honda Civic, a Dodge Caliber, or a Scion xD. The Coblat and Civic were both Coupes with great fuel efficiency, but there would be zero space for storage and stuff. The Caliber looked kinda cheap when we looked in it. The dash was kinda cheap plastic looking. I really liked the xD but I wasn't sure what Shawn would think about it. After test driving, we decided on either the Civic or the xD. In the end the xD looks like its gonna be the best thing for us! We're so excited. It was the least expensive of the bunch, plus the nicest of the salesmen and he wasn't overly annoying and didn't hound me a lot. He just kinda sat back and let us make our decision, which we really liked. The xD gets really great city and hwy mpg plus it is a hatchback style so it'll be handy for transporting stuff. Anyway, ours should be arriving this week so hopefully by early next week we'll own a new car! Here is a picture of what it will look like (this is from the website since ours isn't actually here yet).




No comments: