Thursday, September 18, 2008

Apartment!!

Shawn and I found an apartment!! We made a day trip to Oak Park on Monday on a quest to find an apartment. We had breakfast with Grandma and Dad and did get a chance to see Aunt Mel and Kath for a little bit, then it was on to the apartment hunt. I had done a lot of research prior to the trip so we didn't have to drive around aimlessly (which is good since they were having some serious flooding in the Chicago area). We found a place that is gonna work really well for us! It is a high rise and the view from the rooftop entertaining area is amazing! You can see the whole city skyline! You can also see both airports....which is so cool. The buidling has a clubhouse area on the roof with a big screen tv, surround sound, couches and stuff, plus a full kitchen. There are double doors off both sides that lead to balconies with chairs for laying out to sunbathe and some tables and chairs. There is also a fitness room on the top floor and it is actually a good size fitness room. Some places say they have fitness rooms but really all they have is a treadmill and maybe a stair stepper. Anyway, our apartment is going to be on the 2nd floor (so no amazing view, it would've cost more for the room with the view). The apartment is a really good size and I think we're gonna be really happy there! Our lease starts October 15th which should be good because I'm trying to get my next contract to start at the end of October. I'm so excited now! I will get to move soon, get to go back to work, get to go back to Oak Park! Woohoo! I am going next week for a job interview in Oak Park, so I'll stop by the apartment and take some pictures :)

No comments: