Friday, February 3, 2012

Pinterest

I held off as long as I could.
I tried to keep from peeking at it, knowing I would become addicted.
I fought.  I lost.
I am on pinterest and I LOVE it!

This past week, I decided to try pinterest recipes each day (except one day where I made my favorite chili from the recipe from dad - tweaked slightly).  These are not my pictures...these are the ones from pinterest.  I was a silly girl that did not take my own pictures of my beautiful foods :(

These were delicious!  Especially while warm, so be sure to put them in the microwave for 15 seconds or so.  Big hit with the guys in my house.

Super easy crock pot recipe.  My family didn't so much enjoy the whole wheat pasta I used, nor the substitution of turkey bacon for "real" bacon, but they all still ate it!

The frosting was the best part of this recipe...and of course I left off the nuts on top.  The cake was a bit dense for me (too much like banana bread) but still really good and a nice change from banana bread for those bananas that are about to hit the trash!

This was probably the easiest recipe and everyone really loved it!

Gotta throw a drink into the mix!  This was delicious and again, crazy easy!  I used Moscato for the sparkling part and when I made my drink I mixed in a bit of beer to cancel out a tad of the sweetness.

Of course the guys didn't eat this one, but Mom and I did.  I did make a few tweaks with the spices, but it turned out really good!  I think I will put back into the mix only half of the zucchini pulp though next time.  There was too much stuffing to put back in the zucchini boats!

This is what the guys got instead of the zucchini.  It was really creamy and cheesy!  I definately reccomend it as a side or add some chicken for a meal!

Healthy, easy meal!  The filling was enough for 10 rolls, not 8 like the recipe says.  Also, I would make a few extra noodles incase they break or rip.  I used more cheese on top too :)  Shawn though I was trying to poison him with spinach!

Overall, good eats in my house this week thanks to Pinterest!!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Ok, I was stuffed until I read your post... Now I'm hungry again! I was trying to hold back from pinterest as well, but now I may need you to help me join! Ugh!