Monday, August 29, 2011

Off-leash

Marcie has not been getting much playtime lately.  Eric is back to school.  I have been sick.  It has been over 100 degrees out every day for over a month (maybe longer!).  Anyway...she's feeling cooped up like crazy!

This morning I tried to lay down to catch up on my word games (I found a new one I love - on top of Words with Friends and Hanging with Friend - called SkyWords.  LOVE IT!).  Marcie was absolutley against the laying down thing.  She was pawing me and whining.  So, I decided to take her out for a walk.  It was still before 10am, so it shouldn't have been TOO hot out.  Remember that is all relative in Texas.  Not too hot means it may have still been only 90. 

I decided to try to let her off leash on the wooded path in our apartment complex.  I've always been afraid to let her off leash.  She was a stray and the shelter doesn't really know anything about her past.  What if she had run away from her previous owner...and gotten lost or something.  Anyway, that has been my fear.  She's such a good dog though, so I decided to try it out.  She did AMAZING!  Everytime I stopped and told her to come back to me she did.  She never turned on the path to where she couldn't see me.  The few times there were forks in the path she waited for me to tell her which way to go.  I have a great dog!

When we got home she totally collapsed!  Exhausted dog!  When she's really tired she doesn't sleep on the beds (ours or hers) or the couch.  She sleeps on the floor under the IKEA chair in my room by the window.  Always.


1 comment:

Mom said...

So pretty......