Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ramblings

We have had Marcie for a week now.  She is really becoming part of the family :)

Last night Shawn and I met Mimi and Ian at a place called Main Event Entertainment for $5 unlimited bowling and happy hour.  We had so much fun!  Mimi and I pretty much sucked at bowling...Ian thought he broke his finger at one point...the people bowling next to us were pretty funny to watch.  All made for a good time! The people at the front desk put your names in the bowling screen for us...Guess Mimi's name was too hard for them to figure out :)

 Another cool thing was that the score board showed the speed of each ball you threw.  It was fun to see how fast you could throw it, or in Mimi's case how slow ;)  We had a bit of fun with that while Mimi was off feeding Logan and we started using her turns to see how fast we could get her 8# ball down the alley.  Ian was the fastest...at around 18mph.  He was trying to 19mph, but never could get it!

Logan had a fun time watching us bowling.  He was totally happy sitting in his chair kicking his legs and looking at his feet!

A few times during the night, the bowling alley would switch to a Cosmic Bowling, but only for 20 minutes or so. It was kinda weird. Logan loved the black lights and the disco ball though!

After we bowled three games Logan was finished.  He was ready to go! 

We certainly had a fun night! 

One thing I really love is having fresh flowers around the house.  I would love to have a flower garden some day, but I really don't have much of a green thumb.  I just have to buy pretty flowers from the store occasionally.  So this week I saw some beautiful Orange Lillies at the store, which are one of my favorites now since I used them in my wedding.  They just make the whole room brighter :)



No comments: