Sunday, October 10, 2010

Flu Shot

You would think, seeing as I am a nurse, I would always get flu shots.  I have never felt the flu shot was really worth all that much.  There are so many strains of influenza...so many!  The vaccine simply protects against the most common strains from the previous flu season.  Seems fairly worthless to me.  Plus, I tend to get some pretty unpleasant localized allergic side effects from vaccinations.  So...truth is I have never had a flu shot in my life (that I know of)...until now. 

My hospital is making is mandatory this year.  If you don't get the flu shot by the end of October you will have to sign a release and then wear a mask while you work the entire flu season.  No thank you.  Those masks make me feel like I am suffocating!  So, I just got the flu shot.  Boo.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Lisa, you gave in!!!