Sunday, November 9, 2008

Work, Win & Wedding


I started work this past week! Yay!! It was basically all the boring orientation meetings that you have to do at every hospital when you're new. They want to teach you about the hospital and have someone from most of the departments come talk to us. It was mostly pretty boring, but I did learn some interesting things about hospital funding, Medicare & Medicaid, as well as some demographics about the patient population that we serve. The community surrounding my hospital, Mount Sinai Hospital, is a very low income community but some of the statistics were shocking to me! The worst part of the week was having to wake up so early in the morning! I haven't had to set an alarm clock for almost 5 months except for once or twice, then I had to be up at 515 am every morning this past week! BOO!! Now I start working 12 hour shifts this week so I will only have to wake up early 3 days this week. I will probably be on days for a month or 2 though, so the waking up early isn't going away any time soon :(


As you all know there was a general election this week. I am very happy with the results and I don't care who knows it! I voted for Obama/Biden and I think that our country will see some great things happening over the next 4 years. As a healthcare provider I am very excited with the Healthcare Reform that Obama has discussed and I really hope that we see some good changes. I thought that the crowd at McCain's concession speech was incredibly rude though! If you watched it then you know what I mean. It looked as though McCain was irritated with the behavior of those present as well. I only want to say one more thing about the election at this time...Thank the Lord and the American voters that we are sending Palin back to Alaska and not to Washington. I don't even want to think about what would have happened if she had been given any kind of control in the our national government!


This weekend Shawn and I went to a wedding in Mishawaka, IN. One of Shawn's friends from home got married and Shawn was asked to be an Usher in the Wedding. A few of Shawn's closest friends from home were also in the wedding so we got to spend the weekend with them and it was really fun! His friend Brendon, the groom, is in the Air Force currently stationed in Georgia but he is supposed to get stationed in England soon so Shawn was really glad to have had a couple of days to get to see his friend. Here are a few pictures!



Shawn and I at the wedding.


Jordan, Jonah, Brendon, Caleb & Shawn

Mr. & Mrs. Brendon Vanzile

No comments: