Friday, May 4, 2012

Finally...Sue's Marvy Cheesecake Squares!

When I was a kid, I spent every summer with my dad.  During my early years, he was married to a woman who made the most delicious snack-style dessert of all time!  Sue's Cheesecake Squares were was she would call "marvy."  They sure are marvelous and once you get a taste you definitely will want more!

I have made them over the years for friends, coworkers, family functions...and they are always a hit!  My little sister, Sara, used to request them for her birthday.  My husband's coworkers love them so much that in the Christmas White Elephant Gift Exchange this past year we gave a card with 3 vouchers for Cheesecake Squares as a gift and people were fighting over it!  I also made some for a friend when I visited her and her baby and she has been asking for the recipe, so Bree, this is for you!  These are very easy to make so get baking!

Cheesecake Squares

Ingredients:
2 - 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
2 - 8 count Pilsbury crescent rolls (the generic don't work quite as well)
1 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
cinnamon/sugar mixture
optional:  chopped walnuts

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Grease 8x13 baking pan (I use some sort of cooking spray).
2. Lay 1 package crescent rolls along bottom of pan.
3. In medium mixing bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla with electric mixer until smooth.
4. Spread evenly over crescents in baking pan.
5. Lay 2nd package crescent rolls over cream cheese mixture.
6. Sprinkle top with cinnamon/sugar and top with chopped walnuts, if desired.  I hate nuts on my desserts, so I never use the nuts.
7. Bake for 35 minutes.
8.  Cool completely then refridgerate before serving.

No comments: