Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving and stuff

Thanksgiving came and went much more quickly than usual. That makes me very sad! Thanksgiving is usually the time that I get to take a mini-vacation and travel down to Texas to visit my sister and her husband. Last year my mom & Eric came down as well. Thanksgiving to me is typically too much food, the Macy's Parade, a AKC Kennel Club dog show, Christmas movies and putting up the Christmad tree...but most of all Thanksgiving is my time with Mimi. Unfortunately I did not get my usual Thanksgiving this year. With all the wedding expenses and Shawn not having any vacation left after the honeymoon, we just couldn't get down to Texas. Although we had a nice holiday with Shawn's family, for me is just isn't the same without Mimi there. I know that my holiday routines will have to change now that I'm married, but it still makes me sad that I missed this Thanksgiving. Mimi had to put up the tree herself...and I still don't know which breed won Best In Show! Although I know it wasn't the Weim or the Dane...boo! I guess I'll just have to try my darnest to make it up to Mimi and myself at Christmas. Mimi & Ian are driving up for Christmas (so they can bring the dogs...yay!). They'll be in Muncie for part of the time but they (as well as Mom, Eric & possibly Sara) are coming here to stay with me & Shawn for Christmas! I have to work Christmas Eve so when I get home Christmas morning my absolute favorite people in the world will be at my house waiting around my Christmas tree. I think it will be pretty close to heaven in my house!

I decided today was the day for the Christmas tree to go up...but as I got started I realized that I need more lights for the tree. What happens in storage every year that half my tree lights die? I planned ahead and bought some white ones last year, but I did not get new blue and now I don't have enough of the blue lights. Guess I'm making a run to Target in the morning. Oh well...we need groceries anyway so it won't be a wasted trip. Not that any trip to Target is wasted :) I will post pictures when the tree is up and beautiful!

Just a side note, Andrew is doing much better. He is in a rehabilitation facility now receiving lots and lots of therapy. His progress is slow, but moving in the right direction. His family is still posting lots of updates on the website so check it out if your curious. Also, she posted a few pictures of him from our wedding in the photos section. I think when you count in the pictures from the reception, there are more pictures of Andrew than anyone else...including me! haha! Its a good thing that I love that guy because otherwise I'd have to take him down!

No comments: