Sunday, August 30, 2009

Wedding Shower

Last night at work, my favorite NICU ladies threw me a bit of a wedding shower! It was so nice of them! We had a carry in dinner and they got me a nice card and some money for the honeymoon. My friend Stacy got Shawn a little extra present. It isn't exactly a typical wedding shower present, but...well you'll see.

I have talked to Stacy many times about Shawn's love of comic books and I've been reading some graphic novels at work lately (Shawn is making me as a trade off for him finally reading Harry Potter). Stacy is pregnant and so she obviously looks at baby stuff at the store now and when she saw these little classic superhero shoes she thought of Shawn and I. She says there is no pressure, but considering that the last 2 people I work with that got married were both already pregnant when they got married she is just covering her bases. Don't freak out though people...I am not pregnant! haha!
1 week to go until the wedding! I am so excited...not nervous at all! Everyone keeps asking me if I'm getting butterflies yet, but I'm not. I just talked to Shawn and he said it finally hit him today that we're getting married in a week! No cold feet though...we are ready!

No comments: