Sunday, March 15, 2009

Indy Wedding Plans

While Mimi was visiting, we spent a couple of days in Indianapolis to do some wedding planning things. Seeing as Mimi is an awesome wedding coordinator, she helped me a TON while she was home get some things arranged for the wedding. Of course, we met up with Theresa and Megan during the day to do some bridesmaid dress hunting. Mimi and Theresa had chosen their dresses...and Megan has it down to 2 and should be deciding this week. I will be back in Indiana early the week after next to take Sara and Haley to choose their dresses...things are coming along!
Also...I got my veil last week :) So freaking excited!!
We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis while Mimi was in town, seeing as she works for Hyatt we got to stay for free (sweet!). It was handy to be staying there since that is where we are having my reception. We met with the woman at Hyatt who is arranging everything then we got to go to the restaurant on the roof (which is a revolving restaurant...so cool!) to do the tasting for my wedding. We basically got to try a bunch of really awesome food in order to choose what will be served at my wedding. We chose the appetizer, the salad and narrowed down the entree choices to 3. All the food is absolutely delicious!! I couldn't believe how good. Things I wasn't sure about at all were wonderful! The food is going to be spectacular and I'm so so so excited for my wedding!! Mimi and I did a bunch of other planning type things, and all I have to say is Thank Goodness she does this for a living because I would never have thought to ask any of the questions she asked! She figured out how we should layout the ballroom so easily and we planned out the rough schedule for the wedding day. It was great! Plus, the hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub, so we went down that evening so soak in the hot tub (well Mimi and Mom did, I didn't have my bathing suit, so I just soaked my feet.) Awesome!! I can't believe the room rate that Hyatt is giving our guest for the wedding...the rooms are so nice! The beds are super comfortable. I'm just getting more and more excited for the wedding everyday! Plus it was really great to have Mimi home...now if we could just convince her to move back to the midwest at least! I know hoping for Chicago is useless, but I can still dream!
Here is Mimi and I standing at the window of our hotel room at the Hyatt looking out at the State House across the street, which is where I'm having the ceremony for my wedding. Picture turned out pretty good, even though Mimi looks like she has no hair! Haha!

1 comment:

The Athearns said...

Sounds like so much fun!! Glad the plans are all coming together! :)