Sunday, February 3, 2008

One week of work down...

So...I worked my first week on the IMC unit at Inova Mt. Vernon Hospital. Unfortunately, I don't like it very much. It isn't terrible, and some of the people are nicer than others, but I miss the babies :( The other travelers are really great though and there are quite a few of us on this unit right now. Another thing that kinda sucks right now is that I'm stuck working day shift. Anyone who knows me at all knows how much I hate that!!! Plus with the traffic around here and all the stop lights I have to leave my apartment by 630am to get to work on time which I HATE! That is too too early for me! Anyway, I work 3 days in a row this past week and I survived. I will hopefully be moving back to night shift at the end of February, so I'm looking forward to that!

Only 11 more weeks to go for this assignment!


I had this weekend off of work, so Shawn and I did a little sightseeing again. We visited a few more of the memorials in Washington D.C. on Saturday. We walked along Pennsylvania Avenue, walked by the White House then checked out the Jefferson Memorial and the FDR Memorial. Those two memorials were really neat. I really enjoyed the FDR Memorial. The weather isn't nice enough yet for the memorials to have the water or fountains running yet, but I'm hoping to check out all the memorials again before I leave at night and when the weather gets nicer. Shawn and I made a list of the all the stuff we want to do while we're here. We posted it up on the fridge and are crossing things off as we do it! Still plenty of stuff to do, that's for sure! 


 Today we went into D.C. again to meet a friend of mine from high school that I've not seen for a very long time! Sara has lived in D.C. for several years now and suggested we meet up at the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden to go ice skating. I guess it is a large fountain that is converted into an ice skating rink in the winter. It was really fun! Not only was it great to catch up with her but ice skating is always fun! I still haven't seen my friend Mike yet, he goes to Law School out here at GWU, but seeing as he's in Law School he's pretty busy! We are watching the Superbowl now, but I'm not really all that into it this year and the commercials have been pretty lame, so I decided to update this blog and post some more pictures for all of you instead!



Hopefully this week at work will be better! I miss you all!!!

No comments: